Breakthrough Strategies for Moving from Acquaintances to Best Friends for those with Autism Spectrum Disorders!
- Discover the skills necessary to move from instrumental communication to true conversation
- Find out how to naturally progress from acquaintanceship to close friendships
- Learn how to identify the self-regulatory and communication skills needed to support friendship
- Uncover the The Rules of Relationship Road: Friendship, Romance, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Solutions from World Renowned Teresa Bolick, Ph.D.
Experience, at your leisure, an entire conference with a front row seat in the comfort of your own home.
With this Remarkable DVD Collection You Will Learn in a Plain and Easy-to-Understand Way
- Ten proven strategies to ease the journey down the path to relationships for those with ASDs
- Uncover techniques and ways to enhance the foundation of true conversation and friendship
- Learn about the abstract and ever-changing rulse of the “Relationship Road”
This wonderful collection is an investment in the future whether you are a Parent, Educator, Teacher, Professional, Pediatrician, Therapist, or anyone else involved in the life of a child with autism.
Here’s Exactly What You’ll Get With this DVD Collection:
- DVD #1: Acquaintance to BFF: The Development of True Friendship for ASDs
- DVD #2: The Rules of Relationship Road: Friendship, Romance, and ASDs
Dr. Teresa Bolick is a licensed psychologist with a special interest in neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism, Asperger Syndrome, and other autism spectrum disorders. Dr. Bolick graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. in Psychology. She holds M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in psychology from Emory University. Dr. Bolick provides evaluation and treatment to children, adolescents, and their families. She consults frequently to schools in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. She is an enthusiastic speaker, presenting workshops for parents, paraprofessionals, and professionals across the nation. Dr. Bolick is the author of Asperger Syndrome and Adolescence: Helping Preteens and Teens Get Ready for the Real World and Asperger Syndrome and Young Children: Building Skills for the Real World.
|From Acquaintance to BFF: The Development of True Friendship for ASDs
By adolescence, many individuals with ASD have acquired the skills needed to meet their basic needs and to negotiate the superficial social interactions of everyday life. It is more difficult for them to move toward the “experience sharing” that Gutstein and others describe as the basis for true conversation and friendship. This workshop will focus on the skills necessary to move from instrumental communication to true conversation, from acquaintanceship to close friendship.Workshop participants will be able to:
1. differentiate between instrumental communication and experience sharing
2. identify the self-regulatory and communication skills needed to support friendship
3. explain the contribution of social capital to true friendship
|The Rules of Relationship Road: Friendship, Romance, and ASD
The journey to adulthood is full of joys and pitfalls for all of us. For individuals with autism spectrum disorders, however, it’s the relationship part of the journey that is most baffling. On “Relationship Road,” the rules are abstract and ever-changing. Familiar problem-solving strategies often prove ineffective. Many with ASD are tempted to give up altogether, rather than try to negotiate this circuitous path. This workshop will provide ten tips to ease the journey down the path to relationships and explain the use of these tips in the real world.
Don’t Miss Out on this Amazing Opportunity!
Complete Set of 2 DVD’s
An investment in the future whether you are a Parent, Professional, Educator,Paraprofessional, Pediatrician, Therapist,or anyone else involved in the life of an autistic child.
Respected Autism Speaker – Complete Presentations
Only $27.00 – yes, you get both
1425 Broadway #444, Seattle, WA 98122
Customer Support Email:
Customer Support Phone:
In the US or Canada, call toll-free 866-928-8476
Exceptional Resources – Canada Office (Main)
402 – 11215 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 0L5
Exceptional Resources – USA Office
1425 Broadway #444
Seattle, WA 98122